#DeckeTermiteBaiting #DeckeGlobal #DeckeBaitingIndia #TermiteBaitingIndia
What to do if you don’t find any termites in your bait stations? Whole it is unlikely in the long run, it is not uncommon.
We spoke with a well known personality in the field of termite activity and buildings in India. He has worked extensively with termite baiting systems and has come up with the following observations.
- Keep the wood moist if it is not.
- Wet and sloshy ground is not the best- it should be moist so right after rains is not the best time.
- Baiting station may be filled with water.
- There may be no termites in the area.
- Termites only need 1mm space so there is a chance that they may keep their tracks between the 2 stations and get to neither one of the stations.
- If you think that there is absolutely certainly some termite activity in the area, you can also please put in some newspaper pieces alongwith wood- just to give some extra and differently tasting cellulose.
- Also if you think that there is termite activity but not on your stations, reduce the gap between the stations from 10 ft to 3 ft which will give us a better chance.
- Even when you find termite activity, you will see the activity in 20% stations where there is some activity so do not expect that you will always see activity. It is a wait and watch game.